Scars are deeper than they seems

"In time, the hurt began to fade and it was easier to just let it go. At least I thought it was. But in every boy I met in the next few years, I found myself looking for you, and when the feelings got too strong, I'd write you another letter. But I never sent them for fear of what I might find. By then, you'd gone on with your life and I didn't want to think about you loving someone else. I wanted to remember us like we were that summer. I didn't ever want to lose that."

-The Notebook.

It's a kind of pain that no one can ever bring them away. It hurts to the extend where you could feel it inside out, and no matter how much you tried forgetting, you can never. No matter how much happiness someone brought into your life, you'd still remember the pain you once felt and the scars you once had which had faded away now. The break down you once felt, where you just knelt on the ground, holding a pillow against your chest sobbing quietly. Those moments when people ask you "Are you okay?" and a thousand thoughts rushed through your mind. You want to be saved, you want to voice out all your thoughts ranting about how unhappy and hurt you are, but thinking about how much people would just judge you and not bother about you, eventually you said "I am fine, I'm just tired." with a smile on your face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment